Position: National Operations Manager (NOM)
Application Deadline: 10th May 2018
I. Job Summary:
The National Operations Manager will Plan, direct & coordinate the sales operations of the company including distribution management supplier relationships and field management. His/her work involves supervising members of the operation team and making sure that overall team performance is fulfilling management expectation. He will explore new, suitable techniques and opportunities for the Aparajita, Hub manager and service person and find ways to make the sales operation more efficient by providing effective methods in its business operations. He will prepare yearly expansion plans, operation budgets, set regional business and social targets for the company and will maintain those. S/he will assist CFO, Impact, D2C, to develop strategy, cost effective implementation, new projects and pilots, review financial and social performance and to determine areas needing cost effectiveness and improvement. NOM will report directly to CEO.
- Responsibilities and Tasks:
Describe the major responsibilities, principal tasks, competencies and end results for which the position is accountable (try to limit responsibilities to five). List the responsibilities in the order of importance and state the percentage of time the employee spends on each responsibility during a typical year.
Employees who supervise other regular employees on a continuous basis should have Staff Management as the number one Job Responsibility. The general rule of thumb for percentage of time for management of others is 5% per direct report. Example: If a supervisor has six direct reports then at least 30% of his/her job should be allocated to supervising those employees.
Responsibility # 1: Manage operation and expansion
- Penetration: Drive targeted penetration by distributor and ensure each regional lifting from respective partners continuously.
- Expansion: Supervise the identification and selection process, operation expansion in cost effective way to achieve business plan targets.
- Partnership: Strengthening the relationship with partners so that we can work as a team with each partner.
- Lifting: Meeting lifting target for each region according to business plan.
- Business performance: Increase revenue vs expenditure compare to 2012
Responsibility # 2: Managing Hub manager, Service person and Aparajita’s activity
- Ensure active Hub operation round the year according to the impact target
- Ensure active SP and Aparajita round the year according to the impact target
- Increase SP movement towards Aparajita
- Ensure every new hubs with 10 Aparajitas within 4 months of its opening
Responsibility # 3: Projects, pilots and research
• Ensure adequate operational support to AM-AC to complete short term projects in activation, research etc
• Pilot and lead implementation of new products/companies to identify commission plan, geographic mix, market segment and develop expansion plans.
• Assist BDM and Impact manager in collecting data from field in areas of consumer, market geography etc to support rural strategic centre.
• Ready to support any other assigned work by CEO.
Responsibility # 4: Staff Supervision and Reporting
- HR: Assist HR in hiring, supervising and evaluating of operation team on the basis of their job performance according to JD.
- Develop training plan with HR and give directions to employees on certain job tasks, resolve problems concerning employees’ work performance, establish operational procedures for smooth operation.
- Finance: Assist finance team in preparing yearly operation budget.
- Admin: Provide administrative support to all operational staffs considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one to smooth their work.
- Reports: Assist in data collection for M&E, CEO, communication or external stakeholders and provide varies analysis and reports on operation, business performance and impact to CEO and senior managers.
Report to CEO.
- Working Condition:
Based at HQ.
- MBA or MA in Economics, Sociology, Marketing
- 5 years experience in rural area’s marketing related work & Computer skill on MS word, Excel, Power point
- Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job and the ability to inspire, motivate and lead a team and the ability to work under pressure and handle challenging situations.
- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Persuading others to change their minds or behavior and ability for innovation.
VI. Core Competencies:
Knowledge on rural distribution system; Problem solving ability in technical aspects; Ability to work in a team environment; Good communication skills in both Bengali and English and Good interpersonal skills.
Report to CEO
VIII. Contact Key Relationship:
CEO, CFO, BDM, Impact manager, Communication Manager, AM-AC, Area Managers, Territory officers.
- Problem Solving:
There are three levels of problem-solving: 1) What has to be done and how to do it are clearly defined, and the incumbent will face identical or similar problems on a regular basis; 2) What has to be done is known, but how to do it is not defined. The incumbent must use interpolative skills to pick and choose the right strategy to address a given problem; and 3) Why things are done is known, but what has to be done and how to do it are not defined. Situations are variable and the incumbent’s response will involve analysis, problem definition, development of alternatives, and making recommendations. He or she will face and address problems that are typically non-recurring.
Please indicate which of the above levels of problem-solving this position will face, and why the position falls into that category.
If you think you are can be the right fit for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com